Public monitoring of the economic, social and environmental effect of industrial mining
- Resource Impact Dashboard (RID) informs about the economic, social, and environmental effects of industrial mining.
- The RID integrates data from government, companies and household surveys
- Results are available on an open data platform to promote a constructive dialogue and allow to identify relevant contributions from each stakeholder towards improved development outcomes.
- The RID tracks indicators over time to stimulate continuous improvement.
- The RID was successfully tested in Burkina Faso and Mozambique; it can be applied in any industrial mining site globally.
Fritz Brugger, Center for Development and Cooperation, ETH Zurich, Switzerland, firstname.lastname@example.org
Selina Bezzola, Center for Development and Cooperation, ETH Zurich, Switzerland, email@example.com
Peter Hochet, Institute for Social Research in Africa, Burkina Faso, firstname.lastname@example.org
João Salavessa, Founding Director of the Faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities, Universidade Lurio, Mozambique, email@example.com
r4d Measuring the development outcomes of resource extraction in producer countries project: